Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 6 – 8 servings
- Can be frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped, 2½ ounces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 15.5 ounce can Great Northern beans, undrained
- 4 cups chicken broth, homemade preferred
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces 
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, sauté the celery, carrot, onion and garlic in butter until very tender, covered, 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum lightly over the surface of the vegetables; stir in well.
- Add all but the parsley.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning, if needed, and add the parsley.
- ↑ Most smoked sausage has sugar in it and about 1 carb per ounce. Boar's Head Kielbasa has no sugar or carbs.
Nutritional information Edit
Made with Hillshire Farm smoked sausage:
- Per ⅙ Recipe: 396 Calories; 28g Fat; 17g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 12g Net Carbs
- Per ⅛ Recipe: 297 Calories; 21g Fat; 13g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
Made with Boar's Head Kielbasa:
- Per ⅙ Recipe: 302 Calories; 19g Fat; 20g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 10g Net Carbs
- Per ⅛ recipe: 227 Calories; 14g Fat; 15g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs