My Grandmother Bacon was still baking when she was very old (she died at 107) putting up jellies and jams and more... this one of her great recipes. Her last years, however, were spent in a care facility....
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. cold water
- 1/2 c. boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 6 TSP Sugar
- dash salt
- 1 T. vanilla
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water; stir well to dissolve.
- Add boiling water and cook over med. heat until thick. Set aside until ice cold.
- Have egg whites at room temperature.
- Beat; gradually add Sugar and slat, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla. Beat in cold cornstarch mixture.
- Top pie and bake as directed. Do not refrigerate, as this will change the texture of the meringue.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.