Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here is a natural fiber snack or cereal.
Granola I from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 25 minutes to bake
- 1½ cups quick oatmeal
- ½ cup regular wheat germ
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ⅔ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Measure oatmeal, wheat germ, coconut, salt, and nuts into mixing bowl, stirring to blend. Add oil and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in condensed milk and blend well.
- Sprinkle a handful of wheat germ on a cookie sheet and gently spread mixture on top.
- Bake in 325 °F oven about 25 minutes.
- Check mix as it bakes-after the first 10 minutes, mix will begin to brown. Stir it on cookie sheet every 10 minutes until it is as brown as you like.
- Cool on pan; store in covered container in refrigerator.