Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are more like a dense cake than commercial granola bars.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup brown sugar -- packed
- ¼ cup molasses
- 6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins -- chopped
- ½ cup dried apricots -- chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup wheat germ
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Cream the oil, brown sugar, and molasses together in a bowl.
- Add the defrosted unsweetened orange juice concentrate.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- Blend into the creamed mixture.
- Stir in the oats, raisins, apricots, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, and sesame seeds. This makes a very stiff batter.
- Spread in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake about 20–30 minutes or until light brown.
- Cut into bars.
Nutritional information Edit
½ recipe = 140 calories, 1 starch + ½ fruit + 1 fat exchange 3 grams protein, 22 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams fat, 48 mg sodium