Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Try a chewy, delightful bar, great with tea or for a snack for the children with milk.
Granola Bars from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 50 minutes total
- Serves: 18
- ¾ cup quick cooking oatmeal
- ½ cup Granola II
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup melted margarine
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup flour
- Measure oatmeal, granola, coconut, and brown sugar together in deep bowl. Mix well.
- Pour melted margarine over all and blend thoroughly.
- Beat the egg, extract, honey, and salt together.
- Pour this over dry ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Add flour, stirring until smoothly mixed.
- Press mixture onto greased, floured 11x7-inch shallow baking pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 °F for 35 minutes.
- Cool slightly, cut into bars, and remove from the pan while warm.