Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 pkg. dried yeast
- 1 tsp. plus 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 stick plus 4 Tbs. melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
2. Mix milk, remaining 1/4 cup Sugar, salt, butter and beaten egg together. Slowly stir in flour. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture, stirring well—dough should be very sticky. Cover flour mixture with wax paper and towel, and place in warm area. Let rise until it doubles in bulk, about 1 hour.
3. Divide dough into two sections. Knead each section about 4 minutes, and on floured surface, roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thick.
4. Use 2-inch round cookie cutter to cut dough into circles. Brush dough cutouts with remaining melted butter. Fold dough cutouts in half, spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place dough on sheet about 11/2 inches apart. Let rise about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
5. Preheat oven to 400F.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven, and serve hot.