Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cubed Veggies Edit
- 10 liter water (half of large pot)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp tomato paste (small can)
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 bottle beer (heck! use 2)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 4 kg browned, cubed beef
- The above combination may be varied at will; just remember to use beer instead of water to improve the flavours.
- Combine the cubed veggies with the miscellaneous stuff and cook until the veggies are done.
- Add the beef and cook another 5 minutes at low simmer.
- Finally, add the roux, stir well and cook over medium heat about 15 minutes.
- To make the roux, which is a thickening agent used around the world and named by the French, you heat the oil on medium heat and add the flour.
- Stirring constantly, slowly brown the mixture without burning until it turns a nice chocolatey brown.
- Slowly add in the cold water, stirring constantly until the consistency is smooth.
- When required, add to the stew and blend in well with the thinner liquid.
- The 15 minutes at medium heat causes the flour to absorb a lot of the liquid and thicken the stew.