Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Patterson Estate in Tyler, Texas in 1992. This one had a notation on it that it won third place in an Ohio County Fair Competition in 1936. I make this every year for a cookie exchange I host. It is a huge hit.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups quick cooking Oats
- 1-1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix brown sugar and butter in large bowl with spoon.
- Stir in Oats, flour and baking soda until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture in the bottom of an ungreased rectangular pan.
- Bake 10–12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over filling.
- Bake 25–30 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and filling is set.
- Cool completely about 1 hour.