Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Grandma keeps her Wiener schnitzel recipe a closely guarded secret. Unfortunately for her, it's not that hard to figure out. Anyway, it's a really easy and delicious way to prepare Chicken or Turkey breasts, or even the traditional Veal. My husband demands I make it more than I can stand eating it.
- 1 lb Turkey cutlets, or boneless Chicken breasts,or if you're feeling really fancy,actual Veal
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- cooking oil
- Pound meat until it is less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Into a large skillet, pour oil approximately 1/4-inch deep; heat until oil bubbles when you drop in a pinch of breadcrumbs.
- Beat egg, add:
- 1 tsp. lemon juice.
- Add parsley to breadcrumbs.
- Dredge meat in egg, then breadcrumb mixture; fry until golden brown on each side.
- Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice.