Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 (31 ounces) cans college inn chicken broth
- 6 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 4 stalks celery (Diced)
- 4 medium carrots (Diced)
- 1/2 cup cubed Ham (optional)
- 1/4 lb of deli Bacon (Smoked)
- 1 medium Spanish Onion (Diced)
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4-1/2 cup cornstarch
- 12 ounces Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- If making cream of Broccoli Soup
- 2 heads Broccoli, chopped,peel stems of skins and slice (Skins are tough and bitter.)
- Empty cans of chicken broth in pot.
- Add cubed potatoes and bring to a boil.
- While potatoes are starting to cook pan fry Bacon until crisp and add bacon grease to Chicken and potato broth.
- Crumble Bacon and add to broth.
- Add diced Ham to broth (otpional).
- In a sauce pan melt butter and add diced Onion, celery and carrots.
- Pan fry until soft.
- When potatoes are done add the celery, carrot and Onion mixture with butter to broth.
- Reduce heat to medium and add about 1/4 to 1/2 of the quart of heavy cream.
- Be careful not to have soup at a heavy boil or cream will curdle.
- Add enough cream to make soup look creamy throughout.
- Add Cheese (optional).
- Mix corn starch with very cold water and add to soup.
- Continue medium boil until soup thickens.
- If it isn't thick enough repeat corn starch and add slowly.
- Remove from heat and enjoy.
- Soup will thicken when it gets cold.
- Can add milk or water to thin out.