This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Clowers Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1989.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 pork chops
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium chopped white onion
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 can beef consommé
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 8 ounce can mushrooms
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet brown pork chops in 2 tablespoons oil and remove.
- Sauté garlic, onions and bell pepper in remaining oil.
- Add consommé, water, rice and mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Place pork chops on the top of rice and bake at 300°F for 45 minutes.