Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yield: varies depending on size of the cut crackers
- ¼ cup powdered milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup mild vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups whole wheat flour
- Mix the powdered milk and water together and then add the lemon juice and mix.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until light and then add the brown sugar, honey, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the salt and baking soda into 3 cups of the flour and combine with egg mixture.
- Continue to add flour until the dough is very stiff.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet with shortening and dust it with flour.
- Roll one part of the dough out on the cookie sheet until it is about ⅛ inch thick.
- Lightly mark out squares with a blunt knife and use a fork to prick the squares every inch or so.
- Bake at 375°F for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares immediately and move to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the other 3 parts of the dough.