Purchased from the Miller Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1994. Notation on card indicates it came from an old Metropolitan Cookbook. Date 1917.
- 8 square graham crackers, finely rolled
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine crumbs and flour, set aside.
- In saucepan over high heat, heat water, butter and salt until butter melts and mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in crumb mixture, beating vigorously with wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan in a ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Chill pan in ice water until cool.
- Drop batter on cookie sheet in 6 mounds.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven about 40 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- With sharp knife, make small slit in side of each puff. Leave in oven for 30 more minutes.
- Cool. With sharp knife, cut off tops of puff and fill with strawberry filling.
- 1 small container extra creamy whipped topping
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced and divided
- Mix whipped topping with three-fourths of the strawberries.
- Place in bottom of crème puff shells.
- Top with the remaining Berries before serving.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar if desired.