Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Miller Estate in Wylie, Texas in 1994. Notation on card indicates it came from an old Metropolitan Cookbook. Date 1917.
- 8 square graham crackers, finely rolled
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine crumbs and flour, set aside.
- In saucepan over high heat, heat water, butter and salt until butter melts and mixture boils.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in crumb mixture, beating vigorously with wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan in a ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until thoroughly blended.
- Chill pan in ice water until cool.
- Drop batter on cookie sheet in 6 mounds.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven about 40 minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- With sharp knife, make small slit in side of each puff. Leave in oven for 30 more minutes.
- Cool. With sharp knife, cut off tops of puff and fill with strawberry filling.
- 1 small container extra creamy whipped topping
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced and divided
- Mix whipped topping with three-fourths of the strawberries.
- Place in bottom of crème puff shells.
- Top with the remaining Berries before serving.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar if desired.