Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups boiling Turkey or chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook rice, Onion, celery, celery leaves and Mushrooms in butter in skillet or saucepan until vegetables are tender and rice is golden.
- Turn into buttered shallow 2-quart casserole; stir in chicken broth and poultry seasoning. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork; spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with almonds.