Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 sandwiches
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 4 teaspoons pressed fresh garlic
- 8 slices extra-sour sourdough bread, about inch thick
- 6 ounces fontina cheese
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan, asiago or pecorino romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat the grill. If you have a grill with a variable temperature control, set it to medium-high (1 or 2 steps below high) or to about 350°F to 400°F.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat. When the butter is melted, whisk in the mustard and garlic. Set aside.
- Grate the three different types of cheeses into a small bowl and combine with a fork.
- Put 4 slices of sourdough bread on a large plate. Put 1 tablespoon of scallions on each slice. Place a layer of cheese over the scallions, dividing equally among the 4 slices. Place a slice of sourdough over the cheese and brush the garlic-mustard-butter baste on top.
- Carefully put each sandwich, basted side down, on the grill.
- Brush the tops of each sandwich evenly with the remaining garlic- mustard-butter baste.
- For a 2-sided contact grill: grill a total of 3 to 4 minutes. For a hibachi grill, combination grill or infusion grill: grill a total of 6 to 8 minutes (3 to 4 minutes on each side), remove from grill and serve.