Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped green pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups milk or half and half
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice and peel of 1 lemon
- green pepper rings for garnish (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Combine rice, cheese, parsley, green pepper and onion in large bowl.
- Mix milk, eggs, butter, pepper, salt, garlic powder, lemon juice and peel; stir into rice mixture, blending thoroughly.
- Turn into greased 2-quart baking dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 °F for 45 minutes.
- Garnish with green pepper rings and parsley, if desired.