Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A dry goulash, this is good served over broad noodles.
- 3 T butter
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 2 T paprika
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs beef round
- 2 C drained canned tomatoes
- 1/2 C sour cream, at room temperature
- Melt the butter in a casserole with cover. Add the onion slices and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, salt, and garlic, and cook 2 minutes more.
- Remove the onions with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Turn up the heat and brown the beef, a few pieces at a time, in the pan oils.
- Return the onions to the pot with all the meat and the tomatoes. Cover and simmer
for 2-1/2 hours.
- When it's done, remove the pot from the burner and briskly stir in the sour cream.
Cookbook: The Fannie Farmer Cookbook
Author: Marion Cunningham Typed By: Susan Godfrey