Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beef Curry - Makes 6 servings.
- 1½ pounds boneless round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1½ cups boiling beef broth
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 4 cup hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add meat and cook over high heat until brown.
- Lower heat; add onion, celery and green peppers; continue cooking until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Blend flour, curry powder, salt, ginger, turmeric, paprika and black pepper; sprinkle over meat and vegetables.
- Stir well.
- Add raisins and broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Just before serving stir in yogurt.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.