Beef Curry - Makes 6 servings.
- 1½ pounds boneless round steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1½ cups boiling beef broth
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 4 cup hot cooked rice
- Cut steak into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add meat and cook over high heat until brown.
- Lower heat; add onion, celery and green peppers; continue cooking until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Blend flour, curry powder, salt, ginger, turmeric, paprika and black pepper; sprinkle over meat and vegetables.
- Stir well.
- Add raisins and broth.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Just before serving stir in yogurt.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.