Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 (4-ounce) package Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups lightly-packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add Mushrooms and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in cheese and continue to stir frequently until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in rice and heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Toss in spinach just before serving.
- Garnish with lemon zest.