In Romanian: Jeleu de coacaze
- Wash and clean the gooseberries.
- Set 14 oz/400 g gooseberries to boil with the sugar and water.
- Boil until the berries are soft, then strain and crush them.
- Strain again through cheese cloth and set to boil until the mixture starts to gel (test by placing a few drops onto a cold plate. If ready, in a few minutes they gel).
- On the bottom of a deeper dish, arrange a few whole gooseberries, slowly pour a thin layer of jello and refrigerate.
- Keep the rest of the jello in a warm place.
- After the poured layer has gelled, arrange a few more gooseberries on top of it and then pour another thin layer of jello.
- Repeat this procedure until you use all gooseberries and all jello.
- Before serving, turn onto a plate and garnish with a few sprigs of gooseberries.