Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 large bunches of fresh spinach, washed thoroughly and stems removed
- toasted sesame seeds
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tsp liquid sweetener (brown rice syrup is best)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- water to thin, if necessary
- First, steam the spinach until just wilted. Remove from heat and rinse under cold water to refresh. Chop into one inch thick strips and place in a bowl. For the dressing, heat the sake until just boiling (to simmer off the alcohol), and set aside. In your blender or food processor, grind the sesame seeds until they are a paste, then add the sake and all other ingredients and process until smooth. Stir this into the steamed and chopped spinach, then portion out into four small bowls, and sprinkle with extra sesame seeds. Chill until ready to serve.