Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 big head of white cabbage
- 500 g minced meat
- 300 g rice
- 2 carrots
- 3 tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the whole head of cabbage in a salt water during 20 minutes then peel off the leaves accurately.
- Boil rice in a salt water until it is almost ready.
- Grate carrots and chop tomatoes.
- Mix rice with minced meat and carrots and tomatoes.
- Put each leaf the inner side up.
- Place one tablespoon of prepared meat stuffing in the centre of each leaf.
- Roll leaves, covering stuffing from sides like an envelope.
- Put stuffed cabbage leaves with seam down close to each other on a frying pan.
- Add two tablespoons of tomato sauce or ketchup to 0,5 litre of water or broth.
- Add it,covering the bottom of the pan.
- Spread butter on top of each piece.
- Heat oven to 140°C (250°F).
- Bake golubtsy for an hour.
- Served with seam down, in a deep plate.
- Garnished with sour cream or sauce in which golubtsy were cooked.