Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 x 10½-ounce can condensed beef consommé
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Toast rice by spreading grains on baking sheet. Brown lightly in 350 °F degree oven, stirring occasionally.
- Turn rice into 2- to 3-quart saucepan. Add butter, consommé and water; heat to boiling. Stir once, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in onions and soy sauce. Remove from heat, replace cover, and let stand 5 minutes. To blend flavors and partially cook onions.