A Catfish recipe.
- Serves 4.
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup 1% low fat milk
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced parsley, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry roasted or raw sunflower kernels, ground
Roasted corn salad Edit
- 2 ears corn, husked
- ½ cup diced red pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Coat a wire rack with cooking spray, place the rack on a baking sheet, and set aside.
- Combine ¼ cup flour, ½ teaspoon thyme leaves and parsley in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine remaining thyme and parsley, pepper, and sunflower seeds in another dish; set aside.
- Dredge each fillet in flour mixture; dip into milk mixture; and coat one side of fillets with sunflower mixture.
- Place the coated fillets on the prepared wire rack and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown, and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately with Roasted corn salad.