- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Cut Turkey giblets into small pieces, set aside (for the sauce).
- Peel the oranges. Divide them into sections, then set aside for garnish.
- Cut the orange peel into half-inch slices.
- Melt the margarine in a small saucepan over high heat. Add the sliced orange peel, then saute quickly for a minute.
- Stuff the orange peel into the Turkey.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, cooking oil, and orange juice.
- Brush all over the Turkey, reserving half for later.
- Season the Turkey with salt and pepper, truss and transfer to a large roasting pan, then roast in the oven at 375 F for about 1 hour.
- Brush the rest of the honey-orange mixture on the Turkey, then return to the oven and roast for 60 - 90 minutes more, until it is cooked.
- You can check by using a meat thermometer - the internal meat temperature must reach at least 160 F (71 C).
- After it is cooked, turn off the heat and leave in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes more before serving.
- For the gravy (do this while roasting the Turkey): Melt butter in a small sauce pan over high heat.
- Saute chopped onions and giblets for about 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, then reduce for 3 minutes.
- Add the orange marmalade, bouillon cube, and water (or chicken stock).
- Bring to a quick boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer for about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add the cream, then thicken with some cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
See also Edit
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.