Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This gravy is quite easy and very tasty. I used the leftovers for a pasta sauce, and thought it was really good that way, too.
- Source: Farm Sanctuary (Joanne Stepaniak's Vegan Vittles)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1½ cups water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon olive, corn, or canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon onion granules
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- Place the nutritional yeast flakes and flour in a dry, 1-quart saucepan, and toast them over medium heat, stirring constantly, until they are lightly browned.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Gradually whisk in water, soy sauce, and oil until the gravy is very smooth.
- Then whisk in onion granules and pepper.
- Cook gravy over medium heat, stirring almost constantly with wire whisk, until it is thickened, smooth, and bubbly.
- Serve immediately.