Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1¼ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped pimentos
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ⅔ cups buttered cereal crumbs
Mushroom sauce (optional) Edit
- Cook onion in butter until soft.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, broth and milk. Cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- Combine chicken, rice, vegetables and eggs.
- Stir in sauce.
- Pour into buttered 10x6x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle top with crumbs.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 30 minutes, or until set.
- Cut into squares to serve. Serve with Mushroom sauce, if desired.