Serve crisp, herb-seasoned Chicken cutlets hot or cold, for a picnic or summer buffet.
- 3 whole Chicken breasts (about 1 lb. each), skinned, boned, and split
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon each white pepper, ground nutmeg, and marjoram leaves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or salad oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- lemon wedges
- Rinse Chicken and pat dry.
- Place pieces one at a time, skinned side down, between 2 sheets of plas tic wrap and pound with a flat-surfaced mallet until about 1/4 inch thick.
- In a dish, mix flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and marjoram.
- Beat egg and water in a second dish; mix bread crumbs and Cheese in a third.
- Coat Chicken with flour mixture, then egg, then crumb mixture.
- Melt butter in oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add Chicken, a portion at a time; cook, turning after 2 to 3 minutes, until no longer pink when slashed (4 to 6 minutes total).
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Add wine to pan; boil over high heat until slightly reduced, stirring to scrape browned bits free.
- Pour over Chicken. Pass lemon wedges to squeeze over meat.
- Makes 6 servings.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.