Spice-savvy chefs in India have long partnered cauliflower with curry and ginger. Once you try this soup, you'll see why.
- Roughly chop onions, garlic, celery, green chilli and washed leek and slowly fry (with a little olive oil) in a heavy based saucepan until soft (but no colour).
- Add the spices and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the roughly chopped cauliflower and cover with the chicken stock (as a vegetarian option use vegetable stock).
- Bring to the boil, turn down heat and gently simmer until cauliflower is soft.
- Purée the soup with a stick blender, or in a liquidizer until smooth.
- Pass the soup through a chinois or fine sieve.
- Add cream then season to taste.
- The soup is now ready to eat.