Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3/4 tsp butter
- 8 whole apricots, pitted, split
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 2 tsp minced crystallized ginger
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup non fat milk
- 2 tbsp finely crushed gingersnaps
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup apricot puree (4-5 apricots)
- 1/4 cup frozen egg substitute, thawed
- 1 tbsp ginger juice
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- To make ginger juice, place l (2 or 3-inch) piece ginger root in food processor.
- Puree, then wrap in cheesecloth and squeeze out juice.
- butter a l0-inch round glass tart or flan baking dish. Set aside.
- Blend together cream cheese, crystallized ginger, l/2 tsp. Sugar and l/4 tsp. vanilla.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into centers of apricot halves.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together nonfat milk, apricot puree, egg substitute and ginger juice until blended.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add apricot mixture to flour mixture, stirring just blended.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Push filled apricots at random onto cake batter.
- Sprinkle with gingersnap cookies.
- Bake at 375 degrees about 20 minutes or until center of cake tests done.
- Serve warm with additional apricot puree if desired.
Nutritional Information Edit
- l79 calories,
- l03 mg. Sodium,
- 8 mg. Cholesterol,
- 3 grams fat,
- 36 grams carbohydrates,
- 4 grams protein,
- and 0.27 gram fiber