Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 1¼ cups
- 1 cup quick or old fashioned rolled oats.
- 1¼ cups flour, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon each baking powder and salt
- 1 cup cutter of margarine, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Golden Delicious apples, pared, cored and sliced into 16ths.
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Crumb topping Edit
- Combine oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in beaten egg.
- Spread mixture into 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan.
- Gently toss apples, with sugar, ¼ cup flour and nutmeg.
- Arrange on crust.
- Sprinkle crumb topping in diagonal pattern over apples.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 – 35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cut into bars or squares.