Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: n. a.
Cook time: 40 minutes
Serves: n. a.
While technically not a "true" brownie, these gooey little morsels will have you nipping them continually. I highly suggest making a double or triple batch, as these will disappear quickly!
- 2 cups plain graham cracker crumbs
- 12 oz package semisweet chocolate chips (regular size, not the minis)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- Mix all the ingredients together. The mix will be very sticky, so be patient when trying to spread it in the pan.
- Grease an 8 x 8" pan with shortening. Line it with waxed paper.
- Grease the waxed paper with a little shortening.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350 °F.
- Let the pan stand for 10 minutes, then turn out the brownies.
- Cut into squares (i usually cut them into 1" squares) and let everything cool.
You MUST use shortening and waxed paper to line the pan. These will stick if you skip this step. It works best if you have another person around to help peel off the waxed paper - there is only a small window of time in which you can peel it off. If you wait too long, the waxed paper will fuse to the brownies and you will have to pick all the paper out with a knife (not fun, and this will ruin all of your brownies). Do not be discouraged if some of the brownies start to crumble while peeling off the paper - this is normal and tends to happen mostly with the pieces that form the outer rim.