Cauliflower in a spicy sauce
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower broken into florets
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely copped green chili
- ½ tbsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp of water
- salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato-chili sauce
- ½ cup of water
- Combine together all-purpose flour, corn flour, red chili powder, salt and a little bit of water to form a batter thick enough to coat each cauliflower floret.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry florets till golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add the spring onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Fry for a minute till fragrant and then add pepper, soy sauce, tomato-chili sauce and salt.
- Cook for a minute and add the corn flour and water mixture. Add a little water and let simmer till the sauce becomes thick.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets and cook for another 2–3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped spring onions and coriander leaves.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com