I got this recipe from one of my college roommates, whose mother used to send us home with a huge batch of this. She was making it for us in 1978. I don't know how much further it goes back than that, but it is without a doubt one of my favorite salads of all times.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 bag mixed greens (preferably with radicchio leaves)
- 1 package spinach leaves
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes sliced (packed in oil)
- olive oil
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 minced garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces creamy goat cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix all greens and salad leaves in salad bowl.
- Add onion, tomatoes and dressing and toss well.
- Place on individual plates.
- Brush goat cheese with olive oil and place under broiler (on sprayed cookie sheet) for a few minutes until cheese bubbles and turns slightly golden in color.
- Place goat cheese slices on top of individual salads and serve while warm.
- Mix together mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in olive oil slowly allowing dressing to thicken.
- Add garlic and mix well then let stand for 30 minutes.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad right before serving.