This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 package goat cheese
- 2 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves crushed
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small French bread loaf
- 2 plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- olive oil
- ½ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine goat cheese, garlic, oregano, parsley and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut bread into 12 slices.
- Top each slice with tomato slice and brush with olive oil.
- Place a teaspoon cheese mixture on top of each tomato slice and bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded basil.