- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil baking sheet or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Mix cheese with half basil and half marjoram.
- Form into 8 balls of equal size.
- Inspect blossoms for insects, and snap off pistils inside flowers with fingertips.
- Cut stems to about 1 inch.
- Put ball of cheese inside each blossom, and arrange on baking sheet.
- Brush blossoms with half the olive oil, and season lightly with salt.
- Bake stuffed blossoms for 7 to 10 minutes, or until petals collapse onto cheese and sizzle slightly around the edges.
- Meanwhile, toss tomato halves or slices with remaining olive oil, marjoram and basil.
- Season with salt.
- To serve, arrange salad on four plates, and top with warm blossoms.