Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 can coconut milk (either regular or light)
- 1½ onions chopped fine
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 10 – 12 whole peppercorns
- 4 dried red chillies
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 5 – 6 curry leaves (optional)
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp vinegar
- light green squash (dudhi- in Hindi, can be purchased from the Indian store)
- about 4 tbsp oil for the curry
- about 2 tbsp oil for the choak (I use olive oil because it is healthier. coconut oil and canola can also be used)
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- Add onions and fry until pink.
- Add coconut milk.
- Reduce heat to med.
- Wait until the coconut milk comes to boil.
- Add vinegar while stirring continuously to prevent curdling.
- Add veggies and leave to cook on med to low heat.
The Choak Edit
- During the time the veggies are cooking, heat oil in a tadka spoon or another vessel.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the hot oil that is, ½ tsp cumin seeds, peppercorns, red chillies, curry leaves and smashed garlic.
- When the garlic turns a med to dark brown and all the other whole spices release their flavour, throw this mixture into the curry and give in a stir and cook until veggies are done.
- Eat with hot rice.