- Mix all the ingredients and roll to about 3 inches in diameter.
- Cut off a good double-fistful, aobut a fourth.
- On dry flour-powdered surface, roll out to about 3/4 inch round, cut into pieces 1-1/4 inches long.
- To make interesting pattern, roll the pieces along the underside of a larger grating surface.
With finger pressure the piece takes on a shell-like look. Any deep-textured surface, such as a wide mesh colander or sieve will also do.
- Zagrebcanke shape the pieces in their hands like a large chocolate drop and with the thumb concave the underside. Dalmatinke roll the little pieces in their hands, and fold over, and make 1/2 pretzels (these they sometimes deep-fry and serve with broiled meat).
- Maintain a flour dusting to your pieces as you work with them.
- Bring 3 quarts of water, with 2 tablespoons salt, to hard boil.
- Add about 1/3 of your gnocchi to pot and cook for about 5 minutes. They're about done when
they float to the surface.