Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Look for cornflakes which don't contain malt. If you can't find any, instead use breadcrumbs made with gluten-free bread (home-made or from health shop).
- Recipe makes six servings.
- 1 large or several small sweet potatoes
- 14 ounces corn kernels, fresh, frozen or canned (drained)
- 2 cups gluten-free corn flakes
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green and red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup grated low-fat tasty cheese
- ¼ cup sharp Parmesan, grated
- a few pieces of lemon grass
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Boil the sweet potatoes in water containing lemon grass.
- When they're soft, fish out the lemon grass and throw it away.
- Mash the sweet potatoes.
- You need two cups of mashed sweet potato.
- Gently cook onions, capsicums and 2 tablespoons of margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Do not brown.
- Stir in corn and sweet potato and half the cornflakes.
- Blend all together and put in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle over the top in this order: remaining corn flakes, Parmesan cheese and grated tasty cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 45 minutes until nicely browned on top.
- Reheats well.