Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ¾ cup white rice flour
- ¼ cup milo flour
- ¼ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ cup butter, cold
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- pinch of xanthan gum
- In a food processor, mix the rice, milo flour, sunflower seeds, salt and soda until sunflower seeds are finely chopped.
- Cut butter into several pieces and add to the dry mixture.
- Add the small curd cottage cheese.
- Process until combined, but do not over process.
- The small bits of butter and cottage cheese create flaky layers during baking.
- Roll into a log shape and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into fourths.
- Roll into logs about ¾-inch in diameter.
- Slice off rounds about ⅜-inch thick and place on a cookie sheet.
- Using slightly wet hands, shape to make flat rounds, prick with a fork, top with some salt or other seasoning.
- Bake 325 °F for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned on the edges.
- After all of the crackers are baked, turn off the oven and let them dry out slowly for a half hour or so.
- Store in a tight container or freeze.