- Sift cornstarch, sugar and rice flour together.
- Add butter.
- Mix with hands until soft dough forms.
- Refrigerate one hour.
- Shape dough into 2½ cm balls.
- Place about 3 cm apart on greased cookie sheet; flatten with lightly floured fork.
- Bake at 150°C for 20 – 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned ("variations" form balls as above).
- Roll in finely crushed corn flakes or crushed nuts.
- Press top of ball with thumb.
- Add a dab of jelly.
- Mix in 2 tbsp finely chopped peel and/or 2 tbsp finely chopped nuts.
- Flatten with lightly floured fork.