Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe makes about 20 cookies.
- 1½ cups white rice flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine (cold)
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg (cold)
- 1½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free vanilla, lemon, or almond flavoring
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Combine the rice flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- Mix well.
- Cut in the butter or margarine until the mixture is in crumbs the size of peas.
- In a small bowl beat the sugar, egg, and vanilla (or other flavoring) together.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until the dough pulls away from the sides.
- Form the dough into a flat ball shape and refrigerate for one hour.
- Dust some freezer paper (not wax paper) with gluten-free flour or confectioners sugar.
- Put the dough on the freezer paper and sprinkle with flour or confectioner's sugar.
- Roll the dough to ¼ inch thick and cut out shapes as desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.