Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This makes a large batch, but they freeze very well and make a ready snack for someone hungry for a really good donut.
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 3 cups rice flour (white, regular grind which is finer than the brown rice flour found in health food stores)
- ½ cup cornstarch or soy milk powder (not soy bean powder)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5½ teaspoons Rumford baking powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1½ cup milk (or milk substitute)
- 3 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Beat all this together or mix will by hand.
- This should be slightly stiffer than cake batter.
- Let it sit for 15–30 minutes.
- Fry ¼ cup or smaller spoonfuls of batter in hot oil, a few at a time until they are good and brown.
- Check one for doneness by breaking open the first donut to see if it is completely done.
- rice flour products are very unpleasant when they are not completely done, but get too dry if overdone.
- Drain well and roll in powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar or dip in vanilla or chocolate powdered sugar glaze.