Yield 16 – 20 servings
- 1 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
- zest of two medium lemons
- juice of one lemon
- 2½ cups gf flour mix
- 1¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In another bowl, mix sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Combine gluten free flour mix, xanthan gum, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream mixture to creamed mixture, about a third of each at a time.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Dough will be fairly stiff.
- Spread half in a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch glass baking pan.
- Combine topping ingredients, sprinkle half of topping mixture over dough.
- Carefully spread remaining dough on top of topping.
- Sprinkle with remainder of topping.
- Bake at 350 °F for 35 – 40 minutes or until cake tests done.