Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe makes six to eight servings
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- grated rind of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon potato starch
- dash of salt
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat the three egg yolks with the whole egg until light.
- Gradually add the sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind; continue beating for two minutes.
- Sift the potato starch; gradually stir it into the egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff but not dry; gently fold the eggs into the egg yolk mixture.
- Line a greased jellyroll pan with waxed paper; grease the wax paper.
- Distribute the batter evenly in the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and bake for 35 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn out the cake onto a towel that has been dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Roll up the cake together with the towel.
- When cool, unroll, spread with one o more cups of the filling of your choice, and re-roll.