Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serving Size: 12
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shortening -- cubed
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Crack egg into large measuring cup.
- Add milk to make ⅔ cup of liquid.
- Lightly beat together.
- Set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Place in food processor.
- Pulse in cubed shortening.
- Add milk-egg mixture.
- Pulse until dough is formed.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill 1 hour or overnight, or roll or pat it out right away and use a biscuit cutter to cut biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 450 °F for 10 minutes.
- Brush melted butter on biscuits the last couple of minutes of baking, if desired.
- This helps them to brown a little bit better.