Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1¼ cups applesauce
- ½ cup cold pressed oil (canola)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup toasted amaranth bran flour
- 1½ cups rice flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon puffed amaranth
- Combine applesauce, oil, eggs, sugar, and milk.
- Add remaining ingredients through raisins.
- Add ½ cup puffed amaranth last.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over top.
- Pour into greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 hour (check at 45 minutes if using dark pan)
- Sprinkle with remaining puffed amaranth, slightly pushing into top.
- Run knife around edges of pan to loosen bread.
- Set on wire rack.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Invert: remove pan.
- Turn bread right side up to continue cooling.