Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 10 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 x 3-ounce package orange flavor gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 x 11-ounce can mandarin orange segments, chopped and drained
- Combine rice, milk, sugar, butter, orange peel and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Stir in gelatin and vanilla; cool.
- Whip cream.
- Fold cream and oranges into gelatin mixture.
- Spoon into 10 individual dessert molds.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto dessert plates.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate jimmies, if desired.