Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I love experimenting with salads. In April 2005 I assembled a new salad recipe and decided to call it the Glendalough Salad because my father's family came from Glendalough, Ireland and the salad contains cubed corned beef.
- 1 cup Riviera salad blend with butter lettuce and radicchio
- 1 cup baby spinach trio (baby spinach, arugula and carrots)
- 2 slices of cooked corned beef, cut into strips and then cubed
- 4 slices of thin chicken deli meat, cut into strips and then cubed
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, cut into strips and then cubed
- ¼ cup sliced fresh mushrooms, cut in half and sliced again
- 12 green olives with pimento but no pits, sliced
- handful of sweet onion, minced
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ranch dressing
- Remove fat from corned beef before cubing.
- Assemble all meats and vegetables in a large bowl.
- Stir in pecans, and then add ranch dressing.
- Blend well.
- Serve at once; makes enough for two servings.
You can also use a different type of salad dressing other than Ranch, although I would not recommended adding an oil-based dressing such as Italian as it might smother the natural flavors of the salad. Pepper to taste would be good, although the salad really doesn't need any extra salt because of the corned beef and olives. Green olive Recipes