Cranberry Sauce Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 x 16-ounce can cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 2½-pound to 3½-pound boneless pork roast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice, orange rind, and sage.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes. Set aside 1 cup glaze to serve with cooked pork.
- Place pork roast in a 13” x 9” roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and baste with glaze.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour until internal temperature reaches 160°F on a meat thermometer. Baste frequently with remaining glaze during baking. Discard any unused basting glaze.
- Let roast stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve glaze either warm or room temperature.